Questions About LEED
February 3, 2010
The Bardessono is now California’s first and only LEED Platinum hotel and only the second in the world. The other LEED Platinum hotel is The Proximity in Greensboro, North Carolina.This brings to mind some questions:
1) Why are there only two LEED Platinum hotels thus far?
2) Why are they smaller independent properties vs. larger branded hotels?
3) Which other “certification” programs are resonating with consumers (assuming any do)?
4) Are there any other LEED Platinum level hotel projects underway?
5) Are these hotels establishing a new standard for luxury hotels to follow?